Pattern review: FIBRE MOOD #6; Drew COAT

 

I made my girl a black denim coat and I liked it so much, I wanted one for myself. 

The pattern
Drew is an upgrade to the classic denim jacket: oversized jackets are all everywhere this season. This cropped style jacket features statement sleeves with two chest pockets, a traditional collar and decorative stitching. Elasticised waist or not – the choice is yours!

Additional info:
  • XS-XXXL, I made a size XL
  • Recommended fabrics: corduroy, cotton and denim
  • rated 3/5
  • Fibre mood #6 or here: Fibre mood site
The fabric
  • ca 2 meter cotton twill with a bit of stretch
  • ca 0,8 meter poplin for lining







Instructions:
Yes, magazine has picture guided instructions. Fabric lay-out is online though.

Fit:
I made a size XL which is a size smaller than size chart. But since it was oversized in the waist I thought I could get away with a size smaller. It is still very large especially in the shoulders. There is a large difference in the L and the XL shoulder seams. For a next version I would shorten the shoulder seam.

Conclusion:
Like the traditional denim jacket style. Like it being oversized, but could have been a little bit less




 Other posts




Comments

Popular Posts