Sew along: self drafted tulle skirt

 


The idea

I had a lovely full length tulle skirt that sadly was to small for me. I thought I could make my own. I also will make one for my girl.

The pattern
A tube skirt from satin with tulle overlay and gathered with an elastic waistband.

Additional info:
  • To own sizes. I made a waistband accordingly to size 116.
  • Recommended fabrics: a soft, slippery fabric for lining. Soft tulle. Soft waistband. 
  • 1/4
  • Draw yourself
The fabric
  • ca 4 meter long 45 cm wide tule from budgetstoffen
  • ca 70 cm wide and 40 wide tube skirt from satin from budgetstoffen
  • ca 53 cm long waistband from budgetstoffen.
Cutting the fabric.
After using a double layer of 4 meter long tule for my skirt I saw that it wasn't enough. I hoped in a smaller skirt it would be for my girl. I gathered 4 meters of tulle and wraped around the skirt twice. The skirt is a rectangular piece wider than her hips so it is easy to put on. The waistband is 53 cm and keeps the skirt up. 
 
 
Other posts
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts