Pattern review: self drawn tulle skirt

 



I wished the skirt was a bit fuller, bur perhaps it is enough for a little girls skirt. My girl loves it and calles it her princess skirt. 


The pattern
A tube skirt from satin with tulle overlay and gathered with an elastic waistband.

Additional info:
  • To own sizes. I made a waistband accordingly to size 116.
  • Recommended fabrics: a soft, slippery fabric for lining. Soft tulle. Soft waistband. 
  • 1/4
  • Draw yourself
The fabric
  • ca 4 meter long 50 cm wide tule from budgetstoffen
  • ca 70 cm wide and 40 wide tube skirt from satin from budgetstoffen
  • ca 53 cm long waistband from budgetstoffen.



 
Instructions:
The lining skirt is just a rectangular piece. Not to difficult. Make it wide enough for wearing ease. 
I love the tulle, it is so soft and the color is gorgeous. It is thinner/lighter than I thought it would be. I could have used double the amount and it would look more of a full skirt and less seethrough. The waistband is also beautiful and soft. I used 4 meters of fabric over a bit over 50 cm of waistband. That is 8 times the width and not very much. 

Fit:
I made 116 waistband so I think it will fit her for a while. 

Conclusion
Love the tule and the waistband. Next time I double the amount. 
For this skirt is is 2 layers of 2 meters.
My skirt has six layers (three double layers) of 4 meters long
 
Other posts
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts