Sew along: La maison Victor #4-2021; Fleur playsuit

 


The idea
I dyed this fabric to test the dye and the proces and am really pleased with how it turned out. I saw an ombre maxi dress for a girl in orange, yellow and green and wanted to recreate that. I ment to dye the fabric lengthwise so I would have three colors run from selvage to selvage (three colors in 1,5 meter). I dyed it in the width so I have broad stripes of color (three colors over 2 meters). I think in stead of three colors in a dress, I will make two dresses with two colors.
For this dress I wanted a bodice that could be adjusted in the back so she could wear it next year as well. This bodice is exactly what I ment. It has elastic for easy fitting and crossed straps in the back. The trouser part will be replaced with a gathered skirt. 

The pattern
A cheerful playsuit for sultry summer days. The long strap tie on the back and the ruffles around the legs add that special touch. We opted for a 100% cotton fabric.

Additional info:
  • 92-176 (EU) or 2-16 y (US). I will make size 110 (5yo). 
  • Recommended Fabrics : lightweight wovens or knits
  • Unrated. fairly easy 
  • La maison Victor #4-2021 
The fabric
  • ca 2 meter viscose for two dresses from Budgetstoffen.nl (white viscose)
  • three packs of dye from Aybel.nl (yellow, blood orange and grass green
Cutting the fabric
From the bottom of the green and orange end I cut a strip of fabric ment for the straps. Then I cut a length of 50 cm for the skirt length so the ombre effect to the yellow would be in the skirt. The yellow middle part was left for the bodices. Because the green bled a lot in the fabric (which I love) I had to use that part for the green dress. Initialy I wanted to use the orange straps for the green dress (to have all three colors in one dress), but I think the balance between the colors would be off. I will use green straps on the green dress. 

 
 
Other posts
 



 

Comments

Popular Posts