Sew Along: Gerties's Charm Patterns; Charm scout capelet

 


The idea
I bought this fabric to make a cape for my girl. I was left with so much fabric, I'll make a capelet for me to. 

The pattern
Welcome to Camp Gertie! We’re giving Patreon a fun new twist this year: you’re all officially Charm Scouts so of course you need a snazzy uniform. Make a capelet that would make Phyllis Neffler (Beverly Hills scouts) proud! This design is also interchangeable with the Hooded Princess Coat Expansion from February 2020, so you can make a hooded capelet.

Additional info:
    • 2-20 and two bust sizes (A-DD or E-H). I'll make a 16 A-DD. (Gertie''s patterns run bigger than Big 4)
    • Recommended Fabrics : Wool, flannel, medium weight cottons. 
    • easy (my rating) not only is pattern fairly easy, Gertie provides clear written instructions as well as video's. 
    • Part of Patreon.

The fabric
  • ca 1,0 meter jacquard.

Cutting the fabric.
I got more then 2 meter of this gorgeous jaquard. The outside has pink flowers on white, has a silver thread woven into it and has vines (running to the flowers) in a texture. The inside is pink, has white flowers and also the silver thread is visible. I love the inside as well, so I won't use a lining. I will use facings and use them inside out. 
 



  
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts