Sew along: Gertie's charm patterns; Stanwyck bodice

 


The idea

I love Gertie's vintage style and I wanted to make a bodice to go with my high/low skirt. I don't really look good in yellow (although I love the color) but I thought this fabric might have enough white to make it work.

The pattern
This chic cap-sleeve bodice coordinates perfectly with the skirt so you can make a  wardrobe of fabulous dresses as well. Add the removable collar for even more options. The bodice is fully lined without facings for a clean finish

Additional info:
  • 2-20yo (US but they are larger than the big 4), I use the size 16 (normaly an22)
  • Bustsize A-H (for a total of 5 sizes) I will use a D/DD
  • Recommended fabrics: light to medium wovens
  • not rated, but instructions are sufficient and tutorials are online
  • Stanwyck skirt pattern for sale on charmpatterns
  • This bodice expansion is for Patreon only (a kind of subscription) 
The fabric
  • ca 1,2 meter cotton 
  • ca 0,8 meter lining
Cutting the fabric.

The bodice front and back fit nicely next to each other on the fabric, so It doesn't use a lot of fabric. For the peplum skirt it did take a bit more fabric.


 

Comments

Popular Posts