Pattern review: Circle skirt: fashion meets math: African Wax skirts

 


This awesome african wax had been in my stash for a while and was always ment for a circle skirt. I thought to make a full length maxi skirt at first, but it might be a bit much, so an 'over the knee' length it is. I had enough fabric left to make a skirt for my girl.

The pattern
A circle skirt. 

Additional info:
  • size to measure
  • Recommended fabrics: cottons. As it will be a pretty heavy skirt it is not very suitable for knits since these will stretch. 
  • sewing is easy, cutting the circle requires some math
  • I did the math for an adult version here: and a kids version here.
The fabric
  • ca 3,1 meter African wax for my skirt
  • ca 0,5 meter African wax for my girls skirt (so a total of ca 4 yards)
  • some elastic waist band.  






Instructions
See other posts for the calculations. There is a bit of math involved, but the results are worth while.

Fit:
Mine has a bit of elastic in the back as I didn't want the elastic to run around. My girl does have an elastic waistband.

Conclusion
Very beautiful. I think I might add a layer to my girls as the fabric is a bit stiff so it doesn't want to drape very well.
 



 

Comments

Popular Posts