Sew along: V9288; vintage cape

 

Cutting the pattern 

The pattern is pretty fabric hungry. The front, cape back and cape sides are pretty long pieces and the lines need to match. I only minded the outside collarpieces to be on grain. The facings for the front and the cape are also long pieces, but do not need to match perfectly. All in all I made it in about 3 meter of fabric, but the remnant is not a nice square piece.
 
I didn't like the pockets so I made welt pockets. Here reinforcing the back.





To line the coat I took the outer pieces, drew the facings on them, added two times 1,5 cm seam allowance.

I added loops for the side.



Lining cape goes the same.

On the right the flap that will hold the buttons. The collar is sewn on like a collar on a buttoned shirt.



Other posts:



Comments

Popular Posts