Pattern review: V9288; vintage cape

 

I am superwoman, I just needed my cape :). Just kidding, but I really like this cape. It looks very spectacular, but it is quite an easy sew. I lined it although the pattern doesn't ask for it.

 

The pattern

Unlined capes have length variations, front pockets and font button closures. B, C: Self belt.

Additional info:
  • XS,S,M  or L,XL,XXL
  • Recommended fabrics: Medium Weight Woolens, Fleece and Denim.
  • Rated very easy!!!
  • envelope pattern. 

It is an updated pattern from 1971's Vogue 8145

 

The fabric

  • Twill cotton in dark grey with a light pink windowpane. through stoffen spektakel. I used about 3 meter, but the remainder if the 3,5 meter fabric is not a really nice straight piece.
  • Raspberry lining through budgetstoffen

 Pattern instructions

The pattern is rightfully advertised as 'Very Easy' and the instructions are elaborate and complete.

Fit

I made a XL (22) as it's my regular Big4 size. Size really depends on your shoulderwidth. I made a length B

 

Conclusion 

Yay superwoman cape.

Other posts:




Comments

  1. You look amazing, this is amazing, I'm so glad I found this. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for your kind words. Hope you have a lovely day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts