Sew along: Fibre Mood 10 - Elma dress

 

Cutting the pattern

I had 1,5 meter of this fabric since at €20,-  meter I thought it was pretty expensive. It really is a nice fabric though, a very soft poplin. I used about 50 cm for my girls dress. To make it work with so little fabric I cut the pattern pieces near the waist. The center back remained one large piece and was placed on the fold. One skirt piece (the side back) was turned upside down. The sleeves are also upside down. I don't think it is very obvious though. And even if it is, I can't see it :)
 

The top of center back panel is folded over and the tunnel created holds a piece of elastic.

The construction of the facing on the front panels is really nice and crisp.

The elastic on the sleeve is sewn on. If you want it to have a tunnel, you'll need to create your own.

I french seamed all seams. Not only is it a nicer finish, it creates a bit more structure in the garments.

Bare elastic on the sleeves


 

Other posts:

 

 

Also:
     



 

Comments

Popular Posts