Sew along: Knipmode 8/2017: Vest 13 - finished 8-7


Cutting out the pattern
I did not see that the selvage of the broderie anglaise was scalloped before buying it, so that was a nice surprise. So I tried to incorporate that into the garment. I put the bottom of the vest and the sleeves on the selvage.
The sew itself is very easy. Sew shoulder seam and side seam, done.

The instructions are written for wool felt and you would be done right here. There would be no need for finishing edges, but I had to for my cotton fabric. I had the scalloped edge at the hem and the sleeves, so I only had to finish the front opening.

Sleeves are pretty easy to insert as well, as the shoulders are broad and intended to hang on the arms, the sleeves are nearly rectangular.
Trying it on on my skirt and really like the color combination. I think it would look better on my jumpsuit since that is shorter.

I will take in/ shape the back a bit more as it is not shapely at all and that does not look very good on me.

Other posts:





Challenges:

Comments

Popular Posts