Sew along: Burda 7/2018: wrap top 107 - finished 11-7


Cutting out the pattern
There are only three pieces. The front, the back and a sleeve. You will need to cut a straight facing for the neck and two straight pieces for the ties.

Because my fabric was very thin, I knew I had to line it with the same fabric. In other words I had to make the top twice.

The sew itself is actually easier this way. I sew the two front parts to then back. Don't forget to leave an opening in the right side so the left front part can be tucked in and tie can be pulled through the side.
Sew the shoulders.

Gather the front sides (not attached to the back). Sew the ties to the side. Do the same for the lining.

You now end up with two wrap tops, perfectly able to wear. Put both tops right sides on each other. and pin all the seams so the tops are aligned.
Sew all along the outer edges. So from the bottom of the back, bottom front, all around a tie, top of the front, neck, down the other front, around the next tie, bottom last front until you end up with the bottom of the back again. That is a lot of pins and if you don't have a serger (which I don't)c  you will need a stretch stitch. Mine stitched 2 stitches, stitches one back and stitches two again. That means three stitches per stitch. It took me 45 minutes to sew only (not including pinning)

The hole in the right side is used to pull the garment right side out.

Insert sleeves. Note, I made the sleeves from a remnant of cotton jersey which was way more structured than the viscose jersey I used for the rest of the top. It is only one layer and therefore a stitch is used for the hem of the sleeves.

Other posts:



Challenges:





Comments

Popular Posts