PATTERN REVIEW, Charm patterns, Lizabeth raglan top

 



I saw this pattern and wanted to make a coat out of it. I thought it would be easy to add a zipper and make it from some warmer fabrics. 
 
The pattern
Lizabeth Raglan Top, a pullover raglan blouse with a dramatic '50s wing collar. Named for Lizabeth Scott, who starred alongside Elvis Presley in the movie Loving You, this top has a ton of options. Make a hip-length version with long sleeves for an office-appropriate blouse, and tuck it in or cinch it with an elastic belt. The cropped drawstring waist version with three-quarter cuffed sleeves is the one that screams Lizabeth to me, especially when worn over a slim turtleneck a with cigarette pants or a pencil skirt and pumps.
I made a hip-length version, with a cuff waist. 3/4 sleeves with cuff.

Additional info:
  • US 2-20 or US 18-34. This is a size 16. 
  • Recommended Fabrics : cottons, linens and twill
  • moderate
  • Patreon pattern of the month (March 2022)
The fabric
  • ca 1,0 meter Poly-wool in burgundy for sleeves and collar 
  • ca 1,0 meter Wool? in pink from a storebought cape.
Cutting the fabric.
I used two capes. The burgundy I made and the pink one I bought. The pattern doesn't provide pockets, but I could save them from the pink cape. 










Instructions: 
Next to instructions she also provides a sewing video on Patreon

Fit:
It is really oversized (and says so in the instructions). I sized down and I like it as a wide jacket. For a blouse version I would recommend making a muslin to see if you like this amount of ease. 

Conclusion:
Lovely save of two capes I would otherwise not wear anymore. 



Comments

Popular Posts