Sew along: Vogue 9252: Dress (skirt part)

 

The idea

I wanted to make a dark green skirt since last fall. I found the right poplin, but didn't want to make another circle skirt. I thought the high-low skirt on this pattern would look really nice.

The pattern
Close fitting dress has front and back princess seams, lined bodice, in seam pockets and high/low hemline.

Additional info:
  • 6-14 or 14-22 (US) I'll make a 22.
  • Recommended fabrics: satin, chalis, linen.
  • rated very easy
  • Vogue 9252
The fabric
  • 2 meter poplin; dark green from Jan sikkes.nl
Cutting the fabric.

the fabric asks for 3 meter fabric for skirt alone. I put some pieces upside down and made some of the pattern pieces a bit smaller so they would fit next to each other. I added a waistband from Gertie's Lucille trousers. 




Comments

Popular Posts